Employment at White House Fruit Farm
White House Fruit Farm is a family-owned & operated farm market in Canfield, Ohio. Our year-round market offers fresh produce & specialty foods, as well as a fun, fast-paced & engaging team atmosphere for our employees.
We are currently hiring for a full time Back Room Associate.
This is a dynamic, physical, and fast-paced role. The candidate for this position must be a motivated, self-starter who is willing to learn. You will be responsible for operating the “back of the house” as well as other duties as assigned throughout the market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grading apples (loading and operating grader)
- Unloading truck deliveries using a forklift
- Pushing carts - General Maintenance/Mechanic Knowledge
- Packing produce
- Interacting with guests
- Supervision of seasonal staff
Must be 18 years or older and have reliable transportation. Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to be on your feet and moving for at least 8 hours a day. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. See application below.
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
We are currently NOT looking for seasonal help at this time. Follow us on social media to know when these positions will be filled.
Other job opportunities are seasonal and ideal for individuals looking for extra income for college, holidays, vacations, etc.
DEPARTMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
(not limited to those listed below)
Register - operate a register, customer service, handle customer purchases
Deli - operate a slicer & scale, handle deli meats & cheeses, prep deli items
Counter - sell donuts & other snack food, prep food & produce
Bakery - make & prep baked goods, early morning shifts
Donuts - make donuts, day & night shifts
Back Room - handle produce, unload trucks, stock shelves, will require heaving
lifting (50 lbs+)
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have a flexible schedule, weekend availability is crucial
- Must be able to be on feet for 9 hour shifts (with 30 minute break)
- Must be friendly, hard-working, responsible, & willing to learn
- Any experience with registers, customer service, deli slicing, and/or commercial baking is a plus!
If you feel like you could be part of our family, come visit us & fill out an application in person or find it below & email back to . See you on the farm.